Talking about how To revamp your skincare routine during this COVID19 lockdown might seem like a very frivolous thing to be thinking about right now but this is the best time to pamper your skin considering that you have a lot more time on your hands.
Create a skincare ritual.
This is a good time to set out a proper skincare routine that you can stick with even beyond this lockdown period.
If you’ve never been into face dry brushing then there is no better time to begin.
Take time to massage your face muscles. Don’t rush. Just like the muscles in your body, your facial muscles also need to be worked in order to tone and lift it.
If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to add a natural bristle brush to your list of tools.
Dry brush every morning before taking your bath.
Functions of dry brushing:
- It reduces dark circles and puffiness of the face.
- It helps to exfoliate the face of dead cells.
- It helps to improve blood circulation and skin tone.
- It prevents clogged pores which is responsible for acne and blackheads.
- It helps to release facial tension and smooths fine lines and wrinkles.
- It stimulates the lymphatic system and connective tissues.
Missing your saloon facials? Why not give yourself facials at home twice a week.
For this process, you’ll need the clearproof charcoal mask (for acne prone skin) or the Botanical Effects Mask Formula 3 (for oily to normal skin). Or you can use your own mask.
- Start your facials by steaming your face. Steaming helps open your facial pores so that the mask can be properly absorbed into your skin. Boil water, pour in a bowl and cover your face over the bowl of hot water. Be careful not to allow your face to touch the bowl and hot water. All you need is the steam from the bowl.
- After face is steamed and you’re sweating, path dry and apply your mask with upwards strokes preferably with a brush. After application, lie on your back. Do not walk around the house because walking around would cause gravity pulling your masked face downwards. Leave the mask on for 10 to 20 mins. You can set a timer and use that period for quick meditation 🧘♀️
- After your alarm goes off, remove the mask by washing with warm water for about 2 mins or with a warm wet towel.
- When all the mask has come off, splash your face with cold water to close your pores back.
- Follow up by applying your skin care products.
Voila! You’ve completed your facials !