What is Diastitis recti?
Diastasis recti is a “separation” between the abdominal walls. The gap is often roughly about 2.7 cm or more between the two sides of the rectus abdominis muscle which is created by the stretching of the linea alba. The right and left rectus abdominis muscles are on either sides of the linea alba
The distance between is
Diastitis Recti in Pregnant & Postpartum Women
In these women, the growth of the uterus causes the rectus abdominis to stretch. Women who have had multiple births especially up to 5, are more susceptible to this condition due to repeated episodes of stretching.
When the defect occurs during pregnancy, the uterus can sometimes be seen bulging through the abdominal wall beneath the skin.
When are women more prone to diastis recti?
- You are more prone to developing diastasis recti if you are pregnant over the age of 35.
- If you’re having a heavy baby.
- If you’re having multiple-birth pregnancy ie twins, triplets, etc
- As earlier stated, multiple pregnancies (you’ve had more than one pregnancy) is also a factor that could lead to the condition.
- Excessive abdominal exercises after the first trimester of pregnancy.
How to know if you have it?
If you develop a deep gap or space below your navel and notice a mound protruding at your midline.
Your belly might also look like a 5-month pregnant belly.
How does waist training with our corset help?
Our waist trainer is made with steel bones which acts as proper reinforcement for binding the tummy back together.
Wearing a corset holds you in and binds your tummy together very well. It also supports your lower back whilst you’re wearing it
Waist training has helped quite a few ladies dealing with this condition in their healing process. Follow your doctor’s advice while waist training if you have Diastitis Recti. They would also become exercise that can be done to help in your healing.